Rear brake cylinder question

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear brake cylinder question
From: heavensbats@netscape.net
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 01:05:37 -0400
I am converting a Herald 1200 to disc brakes using Sports
6 rotors and calipers (smaller than GT6 brakes but I had
them lying around) and a GT6 master cylinder.  I have 3
sets of rear wheel cylinders, 5/8" bore, 11/16" bore and 3/4"
bore.  Looking at a parts catalog, it seems that GT6's
used all 3 at different times.  Which set should I rebuild
and put in the Herald and why?  What was their logic in
changing sizes?  Should I use the smaller Herald master
cylinder instead of the GT6 unit?  I am installing the
larger GT6 drums in the rear.

What happens if you use a large master cylinder with a
small wheel cylinder?  A smaller master cylinder with
a large wheel cylinder?
Thanks,
Dave