rusted floorpan

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, triumph-gt6-enthusiast@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: rusted floorpan
From: WyzeGuy555@aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 04:56:14 EDT
i knew i should have done it myself....
last year i had someone lay i some fiberglass while they had the car
for other work ... well the floor pan wasn't cleaned enough for the
fiberglass to stick
to it good.
it separated from the rusted metal and rusted a lot more.
i have already cleaned it up pretty good..
i used my small hand grinder with a wire wheel to get all the
stubborn stuff. i had to be care full around the holes, as not to
grab and rip it up more.
a linoleum knife did a good job of getting all the rest of it cleaned
up and getting into the corners.
then i applied the navel jelly. three times...
letting it sit for about an hour or more, scrubbing it up good with
a wire brush. then rinsing it all out with the hose..
mixed up some warm water and baking soda, rinsed it good to
neutralize the acid..
then applied a good coating of metalmedic ... by tomorrow it should
be good and dry. ready for me to start with the woven cloth and
fiberglass resin.
i will post some before and after PICS. at NASS@yahoogroups.com
  Paul Knapp   aka PAK Fontana Ca