Carlisle anyone?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, spitfire-enthusiast@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Carlisle anyone?
From: Nolan <foxtrapper@softhome.net>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 09:44:56 -0400
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'll be at Carlisle this
weekend.  As will my ratty yellow Spitfire.  If you're at all interested
in seeing a driveshaft that was shortened with no special tools other
then a welder, chrome bumpers installed without removing the rubber
buggy bumper brackets, a rebuilt driveshaft CV joint and other such
impossibilities (or so many claim), it'll be there to admire, and if I'm
around, we can talk about them.  Don't laugh at my dry rotted old snow
tires too much. :-)  I just haven't gotten around to installing the big
Shelby wheels I got last winter.  Got to do some body cutting for those.

I won't be autocrossing it this year at the show (took STD last year!).
 Instead, I'll be on the side lines with my little boy cheering mommy on
as she fields her turbo brick for a first time venture into autocrossing
herself.