Brake drums - report

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake drums - report
From: Terry Thompson <firespiter@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 17:47:07 -0700 (PDT)
As you may remember from yesterday, I was replacing
the calipers, shoes, springs clips and hoses on the
rear brakes (first time since buying the car back in
'96). The shoes, though cracking were actually in good
condition. Not too surprising considering I don't
believe they'd ever been adjusted (and not being self
adjusting brakes, they were probably leaving most of
the breaking to the front rotors for years).
Yesterday was a bit chill for a convertible with no
top. Today it rained, but a break occured long enough
for me to take a short spin in my spitfire.
The breaking was phenominal. I can't remember the car
ever stopping so quickly or with such little down
force. I'm assuming it's a combination of the
bleeding, proper adjustment and the braided steel
lines.
-Terry
P.S. Thanks for the tips on the little buggered screws.
http://health.yahoo.com