Re: veering to the left... - UPDATE

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: veering to the left... - UPDATE
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 23:29:04 +0100
I used my trolley jack for the first time today - I got it for a christmas
present. Guess what - it isn't low enough to lift it centrally! So one side
at a time it was...

Well the wheels spin freely - there is a slight noise on both - which sounds
like metal on metal - but it isn't loud and the wheels spin very freely.

However - there is wear on the left wheel - on the outside - quite a lot in
fact. However the right wheel is perfectly fine.

(If you remember the car was veering left)

My tyres are pretty old (do they date stamp them?) - so I am not sure if
this has happened over time or recently. I should probably get some new
tyres - they don't give me much grip - the rear likes to swing out -
especially when wet - even a slow speeds. I almost collided with a traffic
island on Friday because the back end swung out. I get understeer on
roundabouts in the wet also. I know I shouldn't expect my spit to handle
like the new 2002 Ferrari (damn Schumacher! force him to move to minardi -
that's what I say!) - I am looking at this with this in mind. I have 165's
on also.

So am I to assume my tracking is out?

tfn,

James