Re: How to identify a Spitfire engine

To: John Gottstein <john@ssrimusic.com>
Subject: Re: How to identify a Spitfire engine
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 07:49:41 -0700
John,
There is a boss on the top of the block toward the rear on the same side as the
distributor.  Onto that boss is stamped the engine serial number.
That is the important one.  Let me know what that one says and I'll see what I
can tell you about its origin.
Please include all prefix and suffix characters.

Regards,
Joe