Mk I Tranny Parts

To: "Spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mk I Tranny Parts
From: "Chris Sharp" <chrislsharp@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 20:35:00 -0700
Greetings from sunny Las Vegas!

About a year and a half ago, I rebuilt the tranny in my '64 Spitfire4.  In
the process, I snapped the nylon gear ring off of the hub of the speedometer
drive gear.  I couldn't find a replacement at the time so attempted to
repair it using an oil-resistant epoxy.  As you can probably guess by now,
the fix didn't hold.

Anybody out there have a drive gear they're willing to part with?  Needs to
have five (5) spiral cut teeth.  Alternatively, has anyone ever adapted a
later model drive gear to an earlier trans/speedo combination?

Tranny number is G99618 (a little odd, but that's what's stamped on the case
top).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris