more questionable parts...

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: more questionable parts...
From: mayer49@netscape.net
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 15:01:05 -0400
OK...so there has been quite a bit of question about miscelaneous parts i have
for my '68 Spitfire.  I checked the block number nad the commision number.
They both match the numbers for a MK3 Spitfire.  The water pump i have is from
a '70s Spit and i have a plethora of 1500 parts.  Now...as i am piecing
together the rest of my car i am beginning to question the head that i have for
it.
  The head was still on the block itslef but not bolted down and i was missing
a few head studs.  Now here is my reason for questioning.
  Every pitcure i have seen and every manual i have checked, there is a hole in
the head for the water hose to take water to or from the heater.  The head i
have does not have this hole in it.  I checked the Bentley "Official Triumph
Spitfire MkIII, MKIV & 1500" manual and it sasy that the hose from the head to
the water valve is not used in the USA and Sweden models.  Instead, it says
that there is a hose from the manifold to the water valve?  I am confused.
  I took some more pictures of the engine numbers and will be posting them on
my website soon.
  I know i have a long way to go before i am even to a point where i need to
consider the heater...but it would be good to know what i have and don't have
and what i need.
Thanks in advance,
  Dave
  '68 Spit