Re: sandblasting is soooooo boring!

To: "Spitlist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "Nass" <nass@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: sandblasting is soooooo boring!
From: Dan Canaan <flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 18:16:37 -0800
At 05:06 PM 3/28/02 -0500, Jon wrote:
>whew! the new frame is finally ready to paint!
>http://www.bigolbear.com/donor_frame.htm
>
>...now I just need to decide- powder coat, por15, epoxy, corolless,
>rustoleum?

That's a great job on the sandblasting!  I ended up cleaning my frame up,
scuffing the paint after degreasing it, then repainting the frame bright
red.  Looking at that chassis, it sure is tempting to media blast it.  Mine
is a bit too ugly from bad welds that need cleaning up though.  You can
definately tell this is not a mass produced / robot built chassis.  :)

As for paint, I chose to use an epoxy appliance paint available.  Well,
USED to be available.  Since I started the project, it's already been
discontinued from my local providers.  Hmph.  Glad I got the frame painted
before that happened!