Need advice on mounting position for 3 point belts.

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Need advice on mounting position for 3 point belts.
From: FODFARTS@cs.com
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 19:27:34 EST
Hi all,
     I am thinking of using my 64 Spitfire as a daily driver instead of a
garage queen and have been wondering about how to install 3 point seatbelts.
Right now there is a set of lap belts in the car, but in everyday traffic I
need a slightly safer setup. I haven't ordered any belts yet, just been
mulling the problem over. My thoughts about the shoulder belt mount are
leaning towards the rear wheel well. As close to the top as possible and of
course I would have to fabricate and weld in reinforcement plates for the
mounting hole. Has anyone on the list faced this problem? I haven't looked at
any later model Spits to see how it's done, not a lot around here in SW
Missouri, at least not visible this time of year.
     BTW, if anyone happens to have a nice passenger side rear axle assembly
they could part with, please let me know, I have a slight vibration and have
traced it to the fact that my halfshaft is just a bit bent. An entire
assembly would be preferred, as I really don't want to run into the problem
of a bearing assembly that is permanently attached to the axle.  Any advice
on either subject would be greatly appreciated.
                                                          Brad Wolfe