Re: Paint Bubbles

To: Kristi Richardson <lytabyron@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Paint Bubbles
From: "Livia I. Haasper" <wilivhaasper@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 17:10:21 -0500
Hi Kristi,
gehhhh, thanks for the research. That was nice. I don't think I applied too much
paint, as I'm used to painting with the Sikkens product by now.

One reason for the failure could be, that the body filler wasn't completely dry.
It seemed dry when I applied the primer. There didn't seem to be a problem. But,
the shop wasn't very warm at the time. It could also have been some sort of a
chemical reaction, for it's more than bubbles, the affected area has a rather
rough appearance..Cause unknown.

 I will sand the whole panel down again, because the existing layers of new
paint and clear, which were applied last weekend,  could be affecting  the new
paint application. Sometimes the existing base coat can react pretty aggressive
towards a fresh coat of paint. I'll primer it again and repaint. The body filler
should have had enough time to dry by now.

It's just a small set back. I'm sure it'll be fixed soon. Have had many problems
like this in the past, it comes with the job.  I could write a book about paint
failures that we've had in the past. Some are rather hilarious, unfortunately
they were not on LBC's. They weren't so funny when they happened, because they
always involved a lot of unnecessary work.You'll learn with each one. I'll fill
you in when this one is solved. One can only learn more.

Thanks for your help, you're a great friend.
Liv

CCC
Crazy Canadian Connection