Re: Wiper Motor run-on

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wiper Motor run-on
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 16:29:56 -0500
At 09:33 PM 3/11/02 -0500, parrotthead01@comcast.net wrote:
>Hi listers!  I have a restored 1980 Spit and a new problem as arisen....
>
>My wiper motor keeps running even after I turn off the switch.  It used to
>be intermittent, but now I can stop the wipers only by turning off the
>engine and pushing the wiper to the right.  It then "parks" itself.  Until
>next time.
>What's going on?  Can I fix it myself?

For help, check out the article on my Morgan Web site (most LBCs use the
same wiper) www.team.net/www/morgan/tech.  There are 2 articles - one my
me on the single speed wiper and one by Dan Masters on the 2 speed wipers.
They are under the tech section - General - Electrical - Windshield Wiper
Motor articles.

It could be that the part switch is shot.  It is mounted under the wheel
house.

John

        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan