Re: Engine Breaking-In Oil

To: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Engine Breaking-In Oil
From: Jon McLeroy <jfm@ballistic.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 08:20:02
Hey Scott

I would recommend Penrite Running Oil to break in you new engine, as I am
the US distributor for Penrite, if you will send me your mailing address I
will be happy to send you a brochure and other information that should help
guide you in making a knowledgeable decision.  I will also include a
Penrite Lubrication Recommendation Sheet for your car.  Please include the
year of your car.

You can't go wrong with the best British oil for your British auto.

Thanks and God Bless
Jon

Classic Auto Lubes
12803 CR 1222
Tyler, Tx  75709
Ph: 903-561-4858
Fax: 903-561-7177
Email: jfm@ballistic.com
www.classicautolubes.com

At 05:15 AM 03/09/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Ok-
>I know we just finished a thread on this about a week ago, but there was
one thing I could not find in it-
>Can anyone recommend a BRAND and tell me where to buy the oil that should
be used for breaking in the Herald/Spitfire engine?  From my understanding
of the outcome, it should be about a 30 weight mineral oil. What the h...
is that exactly? I don't wish to put lamp oil into my engine, and find I
was wrong... ;)

>Also, what is the best oil to use after break in? I have just put a good
bit of money and effort into the engine rebuild(not to mention the whole
car) and I want it to "live long and prosper"(insert funny hand sign here)