Re: CV Boot Replacement

To: spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: CV Boot Replacement
From: Dan Canaan <flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 09:48:10 -0800
At 09:27 AM 3/6/02 -0500, Nolan wrote:
>Does anyone know where a replacement CV joint boot could be obtained for
>the later drive shafts?  Otherwise I'm going to have to try to make one
>out of a bicycle inner tube or such.

There's a couple of options here to check out.  Depending upon the diameter
you need, you may want to check out NAPA.  They have a selection of CV
joint covers/boots available.  My store always had a half dozen types
including several universal ones.  I used to sell them to folks needing
transmission shifter boot covers as well.

The other option is to look at the dust boots used in offroad shocks.  I
just saw several yesterday in many colors that I was tempted myself to use.