Re: Second gear shifting!

To: ptegler@gouldfo.com
Subject: Re: Second gear shifting!
From: Donald H Locker <dhl@chelseamsl.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 23:14:15 -0500 (EST)
I'm not J.K. but here's my story: Way back in my younger days, I
rebuilt my trans ('69 Mk III) every few thousand miles because the
balk springs (which control the synchronisation) would break.  I went
one day to Joe Dwyer Triumph at Grand River and Eight Mile in Detroit
(maybe it was Farmington) and bought twenty or so springs and three
gasket sets so I was set for a few years.  In retrospect, I suspect I
had the wrong spring pressure (too high) but never thought about it
too much.  I could pull the trans, tear it down, replace the springs,
build it back up and reinstall it in about an hour.  When necessary!

Donald.