Engines

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Engines
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 08:58:44 +0000
Dear All,

A week or two ago I sent my GBP5.00 cheque off to the DVLA, and this
morning I received photocopies of every document they have on file
relating to Carly.   I learnt three things that surprised me - firstly
that the registration number (DHO36S) wasn't first issued to a D. Hobbs
- secondly that the car has lived almost everywhere in England; from
Salisbury to Grimsby, from Dover to Nottingham - and thirdly, that the
engine was replaced in August, 1994.

I'd never checked the numbers on my engine block before, but now I find
that I have a 1500 Dolomite engine under the bonnet!   Are there any
differences between the Dolly engine and the Spit one?   The Engine
number is YC49683HEA.

ATB
--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"