Good news, bad news

To: "spitfires@autox" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Good news, bad news
From: "Livia I. Haasper" <wilivhaasper@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 15:40:45 -0500
Hi all,
Bad news first:
I just got back a quote from a Canadian company specializing in
rechroming bumpers etc.
I'm in shock. The quote was for my Mk3.
2 small rear bumpers, 2 over riders for the front bumper[ not the front
bumper itself]
Total CD 850.- plus 15 % tax.
I can almost buy another spit for that, well maybe not......
I guess, the old parts will stay on until a better solution is found.

Good news:
I had the seat covers [ I have Mk4 seats in the car] taken to an
upholsterer in my area for repair only. Some panels had to be replaced.
Quote: CD 400.-. steep, but still acceptable. When I picked the covers
up on friday, the company had fabricated brand new covers for the same
price, and done a wonderful job on them. Thank you. The company is
Mississippi Auto Glass in Carleton Place, Ontario. They will be getting
further business from me.

Win some, lose some....
Any ideas on the rechroming?
Cheers,