Running on

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Running on
From: steve walls <stevewalls1@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 08:27:29 +0000 (GMT)
Anybody got any thoughts on running on on a 1500 spit
engine? I've looked at the usual culprits like timing,
overheating and mixture, they're OK. After a long run
(10+miles), no problem, but if I just drive across
town, I end up having to stall the engine to stop it.
I note that US versions of the 1500 had an anti run on
solenoid, which I assume lets air into the induction
manifold. Does this mean the factory couldn't get it
right either?

Any comments appreciated
http://uk.my.yahoo.com