Which year 1500?

Subject: Which year 1500?
From: "Chris Alexander" <chris@root.moose.ca>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 13:55:50 -0500
Now that I've really stirred the pot wrt Kia I figured I'd better change the
subject. :)

Out of the 1500s which are the most desirable to own for "sporting" uses
like auto-x and similar.

Is there a sequence of model years that were lighter than the others? Maybe
less safety equipment or similar? I was thinking about a MY 1978+ for the
kms on the speedo (I'm in Canada) but I seem to have found some cars in that
year range that have really big, heavy rubber bumpers, almost like the last
of the MGBs.

Is there a break point in equipment from 1977 to 1978?

Also, I haven't seen any different trim levels in all the reading I've been
doing. Was there a base model versus say a GT model or anything of that
sort?

Did any of these cars have shoulder belts on the restraint system? Those of
you that are racing Spits, how'd you get shoulder belts and/or harnesses
into the car? Roll bar mounts?

Thanks in advance for any insights.
--
Chris Alexander [ http://root.moose.ca/~chris ]