Classic Car Insurance, UK - Update

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Classic Car Insurance, UK - Update
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 08:45:47 +0000
Dear All,

As a footnote to the survey I posted the day before yesterday, I should
mention an additional and totally unexpected set of benefits that the RH
Insurance Policy explicitly includes, and which the Footman James policy
does not (discovered when the written quotation arrived this morning):

"Your vehicle can be used in a non competitive rally provided it is used
in accordance with the rules and regulations of such rally.

"Cover includes dismantled parts kept in your private locked garage.
Liability is limited to the value of your vehicle.

"In the event that your vehicle is damaged beyond repair, you may retain
the salvage free of charge."

These are not of greater importance to me than the unlimited mileage
offered by Footman James (RH restricts use to 5000 miles per annum), but
they might be to you.

ATB
--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"