Re: Didn't like him much, so we're giving him back

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Didn't like him much, so we're giving him back
From: "Dean Dashwood" <deandashwood_list@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 21:23:39 -0000
It's lies, all lies I tell you!  It wasn't a 747, it was a 777!

Well, I guess I'd better start making a habit of reading this list again if
you guys are gonna be talking about me behind my back!  Seriously, thanks to
Scott and his family for keeping me entertained in a strange country where I
didn't know anybody - you all made my stay much more pleasant, and I'm sure
we'll stay in touch - if anyone else is passing through Phoenix be sure to
look Scott up, because if he makes you feel half as welcome as he did me,
you'll have a great time.  Hi to Joe Curry too - it was nice to have met you
and both your cars, and a pity we didn't manage to spend more time hanging
out.  And I forgot to pick up the Spitfire List decal the last time I saw
you, too...

Of course, checking up on my car was at the top of the priority list when I
got home!  Due to a last-minute change of plans, I wasn't able to use the
garage that I had hoped to borrow, so poor Christine was left out in the
British winter for 8 weeks, being ignored and neglected.  She showed her
displeasure by refusing to show any signs of life the first four times I
turned the key.  But on the fifth, she coughed and spluttered, and it was
only a few seconds more before she was blowing the cobwebs out of her sports
exhaust, apparently none the worse for her experiences except for a small
amount of fungus growing on the inside of the soft-top, which I'm sure will
come off with some soapy water just as soon as the weather improves enough
to contemplate taking a bucket of soapy water outside!  These cars really
are magnificent if they're properly maintained, and so much more fun to
drive than the rental piece of crap I had over in the States!

It's good to be home again!

Dean