Update on my new ride

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Update on my new ride
From: "Luke Lewis" <lukage@home.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 17:18:53 -0500
Hello all,

Just thought I'd send out an update on my new find.  I drove it home
yesterday, with its new custom Midas exhaust (The replacement manifold is
the same as my '71, so I guess I don't get a cool euro one) and I've started
poking and prodding at it.  Here is what I've found out about the car:

-It's DEFINITELY 50,000 original miles.  Aside from the storage corrosion,
this car has virtually no wear compared to old Fireball.
-I'm (rather my wife is) the 3rd owner; the old guy I bought it from had it
for 18 years, not the 10 he thought!
-It needs 2 rockers, 2 front wing repair sections, 2 doglegs for the rear
fenders as well as rear and front quarter valences and whatever sill work is
needed once they're opened up (Typical SW Ontario car!)
-As well as the new top, it has a _spotless_ original tonneau and _spotless_
original top boot!
-The suspension is TIGHT compared to Fireball.  Like BIG time tighter.
Fireball sucks.

So, as usual, a question to go with the update:

I know that there was a thread about this recently, and List archives being
what they are, I hope it's fresh on everyone's mind.  I got a pair of new
front springs with the car, and I wanted to see what they are!  Specs are:
Uncompressed length: 13.375"
10 or 11 coils (Depending how you're counting)
Stamped into one of them: "JWS" and "3384"

TIA,
Luke
'71 MkIV "Fireball"
'74 1500 "Baby No-Name"