1975 Spit for Sale (Phoenix)

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: 1975 Spit for Sale (Phoenix)
From: HD883HUGGR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 12:04:33 EST
Hi Lister.  Many of you may remember the saga of Rufio (fka Sputter), which I
purchased in April from a fellow in Portland, OR and drove all the way back
to Phoenix.  I was looking forward to restoring him and giving him to my wife
as a gift.
    Well, just prior to my departure my wife fell in love with a late-model
Mustang GT convertible which I purchased shortly after my triumphant return
from Portland (no pun intended).  I still had dreams of restoring it as a
second toy...right up until I fell in love the a 2001 HD Heritage Springer.
So now I have too many toys (and too many bills) and must unload one.
    Any interested parties should contact me off-list for more complete
information.  Briefly, Rufio is a 1975 Spitfire 1500, brown with matching
removable hardtop and no soft top.  Mechanically in great shape with a lot of
new parts including suspension and brakes.  No rust that I can find.  Needs
paint and interior (I have a new carpet kit and new foams).  Other than a
rear spring and new rear tires, it needs little else to be a good daily
driver; other than seatcovers and a little work, the interior won't take much
to bring up to snuff since I have the carpet & foams.
    I'm asking $1600 for Rufio, and would like to give him a good home rather
than revert to eBay.  Let me know if you're interested.  Thanks!
    Scott
    77 Spit "Hobbs," daily driver
    75 Spit "Rufio," looking for a new family