Good News... Bad News...

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Good News... Bad News...
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 13:49:46 +0100
Dear All.

You may have been wondering why I have been so quiet over the past few
days - "not like Mike," I'll bet you've been thinking.   Well, the good
news is that I now have a brand spanking new PC which I built myself;
the bad news is that I had to do so because my old hard-drive died; the
good news is that I had backed up my data; the bad news is that the last
time I did this was in June 2000...

If anyone has sent me an e-mail over the past fifteen months with
significant content (e.g. file attachments), or to which they are still
awaiting an answer, please re-send it.

The Medal Finder website has now been taken down, as I have lost all my
records of medals sought and who was seeking them.   It is not
anticipated that this website will be re-launched any time soon.
Please do not re-send lists of medals wanted.

The Crimean War Research Society website; the 46th Regiment website; and
my own personal pages are still up and running.   Some of the links may
no longer work, and I will be doing what I can to fix these eventually.

ATB
--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"