Brake Master Cylinders

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake Master Cylinders
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 08:19:43 +0100
Dear All,

As you will have seen in an earlier message, I have a small problem with
a leaking Master Cylinder.   Rather than try to refurbish the thing, I
thought it would be a good idea to replace it (I'm paranoid about
brakes, as is anyone who has ever read Spider Robinson).   Being a UK
'77, Carly has the single-system Master Cylinder with the cast aluminium
reservoir, (Part Number GMC224).   I ordered one of these from Rimmer
Bros. yesterday, and paid for "Next Day" delivery.   What has just
arrived is the single-system Master Cylinder with the plastic reservoir,
as used on continental exports (Part Number GMC220).   Given that the
Rimmer Price list says "GMC220 - use GMC224" I'm not quite sure how this
has happened, but it is typical of my dealings with Rimmer...

Can I use the part supplied without any modifications?   Is there any
difference in performance or functionality?

EAEA (Expert Answers Eagerly Awaited) :-)

ATB
--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"