Palo Alto drive and TR6 brake servo answer

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Palo Alto drive and TR6 brake servo answer
From: Dave Terrick <dterrick@home.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 07:16:47 -0500
Hi all,  Dave Terrick stranded in Winnipeg - still.

Re the brake boosters.... go to your local truck stop/repair facility.  Here in
Manitoba we have a place called Fort Garry Industries that builds and rebuilds
a lot of stuff.  Our brake boosters are nothing much different than the air
chambers off of an 18 wheeler which get rebuilt ALL the time. Our club members
have had boosters done for in the range of $100 C$ (about $4 US on a bad day).
More info on request.

Re the Palo Alto drive - if anyone is going.....

So long as you're down that way I'll offer a recent experience.  Half Moon Bay,
and the drive to Pacifica is FANTASTIC for scenes of the ocean and cragy shore
line.  However, on your way back inland, head a mile or two further South than
Hwy #92 and seek out "La Honda Road".

La Honda is on the map, and there is a small town with a bar and gas station
that sort of reminds me of a Dukes of Hazard episode (in a good way).  But, the
road is a squiggle that heads up the Santa Cruz mountains and is well worth it.
 About halfway up you intersect Skyline Drive.  Turn Left (North) and you
continue to rise to  4,800 foot marker/lookout over the Bay area.  Then you
head downhill and along the mountain peak, also squiggly until you finally
rejoin hwy 92 about 5 minutes East of the 101.  Pushing hard in Mom and Dad's
minivan (with them in it !!!) and using all the lane I was alotted, it was
about a 45 minute exercise in grinning (for me at least).

Dave Terrick
flatland, manitoba