Re: Erratic Idle

To: "T. .R. Dafforn" <td214@cam.ac.uk>,
Subject: Re: Erratic Idle
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 07:29:12 -0400
The purpose of these valves is to help the engine run better
and cleaner when it is in an overrun condition,
i.e. when the car is making the engine go, instead of the
other way around.

They should have no effect at idle or when your foot is on the gas.
They do obstruct the throttle passage a bit, so completely
removing them should theoretically give you a little bit more top-end
performance.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit