Engine question.

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine question.
From: Ronny Hortlund <ronny.hortlund@allset.se>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 17:06:04 +0200
Greetings all.

I've, fairly recently, bought a spitfire '63.
This wonderful car has the engine from a Triumph 1300. Engine no. RD8468E.
The engine works fine and everything, but I've been thinking of exchanging
it for a spitfire engine.
However, I read on a site, that first of all the engine is the same that was
in the Herald. And I read that the engine of the Herald was shared with the
spitfire.
I might have missed a bit here.
I'd appreciate if someone could clear things out for me.

Questions:
Since this engine is originally for a front whhel drive car, do you believe
that they've made some changes in the (searching for the correct word)
fastenings of the engine to make it fit and work?

In your opinion, should I change the engine?
If so, should I change it to the original 1147 or 1296?

I had a lot of questions just recently, but they've seemed to disappear.

Thanks in advance.

/Ronny Hortlund

Spitfire '63