Just subscribed to the list, Looking at a 76

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Just subscribed to the list, Looking at a 76
From: "John and Chris" <peacox1@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 21:37:19 -0400
OK, let me introduce myself.  My name is John and I live in rainy Florida.  I
have owned 4 Spitfire 1500s in the past and various other Triumphs and a ton
of other sports cars.

I am looking at a blue 76 and was wondering if anyone had the paint codes or
interior codes, so I can see if the color is correct.  If there is a place on
the web, please send me that way.  I have been searching for hours with no
luck.  That is how I found this list.

The car is clean, with only a minor bit of rust in the drivers footwell and a
spot on the trunk about 2" in diameter.  It has a balanced and completely
rebuilt 1300 with dual SU HS-4s installed.  The top is brand new, it has a
fairly new taneau(spelling?), new tires, bushings, brakes(including
hydraulics)and nice black vinyl interior with a new dash in the trunk.  It has
new paint too.  He is asking $1600.

First of all what are the codes for the blues and what is the interior code
for black.

Second of all it is a decent driver, but needs resto to be really nice.  I am
looking for a nice driver and will maybe do a resto later.  Do you guys think
this a decent price?  It is at a Brit car shop and that is what the guy that
owned it owed the shop.  It seems like a decent deal to me.  I am going to
offer less, but I am willing to settle on around $1400.  Does that sound
decent or is it worth more or less??

TIA, been out of the loop a while

John