Re: Coil Spring Question

To: frandrum@voicenet.com
Subject: Re: Coil Spring Question
From: Nolan Penney <npenney@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 22:05:33 -0400
All in all, it's not the end of the world.  If the faces of the two perches
aren't
perfectly parallel, this will force the spring to curve.  You can see this by
playing with
the coil spring from a ball point pen between your fingers.  The longer the
spring, the
more coils there are, the more dramatic this effect tends to be.

I'm not sure what you mean by the strut being over tightened.