RE: Sun visors won't stay up...

To: "Tep735" <Tep735@email.msn.com>
Subject: RE: Sun visors won't stay up...
From: "Dave Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 12:10:56 -0700
Frank,

If you feel along the part of the visor that slides over the bar, you'll
feel a non-smooth part which is meant to supply some degree of crimping to
help hold the visor in place. Just wrap a rag over it (to avoid messing it
up) and squeeze a little with a pliers. This should tighten it up a bit.
Don't squeeze too much at a time... try a little, remount the visor and
repeat until it feels right to you.

This is all from memory of the same problem a few years back.

Dave Moag
62 TR3B
77 Spitfire (the visors are the only thing still operational at the moment)
La Canada, CA