Re: New dashboard - first choice and a source for blanks

To: "Earl Smith" <earl56@hotmail.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: New dashboard - first choice and a source for blanks
From: Paul Tegler <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 16:19:39 -0400
Birdseye or burl were my first choice...
but I simply ended up buying what he had
at that moment. I'd been to the wood shop multiple
times and could never decide what I wanted.
When I went back...the Tigerwood was the nicest
'single piece' big enough (continuous grain)
and thick enough for me to easily work with.

It's about 1/16" ??  It's not the paper thin veneer.
No glue oozed though which is a common problem
with this DIY process.

Check out
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem
&item=589186325&r=0&t=0
Bob, the guy selling this one gas a web site
www.TRDashes.com
I had been talking to him about the gauge  and switch
locations
just before Carlisle.  Sure enough.... he had a template
(fully cutout)
center section blank (no veneer) with him in hand when I ran
into him
Saturday at Carlisle.   Excellent work, and willing to do
custom
layouts.

Paul Tegler      ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com