Re: fuel vapourisation, possibly

To: "Spit List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: fuel vapourisation, possibly
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 20:26:59 +0100
Hi John
I used to get this on my 1500 Dolomite, does the fuel pipe on the Spit pass
over the rear of the engine, or round the front like the Herald (never had
the problem on my twin carbed Herald) I moved the pipe to run round the
front, using a spare Herald pipe suitably adjusted for length swapped the
float lids end for end and no more problem. I think I had to twist the body
of the fuel pump (sealed for life jobby on late cars) to get it to point in
the right direction, this is a do at your own risk bit, it could tear the
diaphragm if it goes wrong! the other option would be to use a longish bit
of flex hose to link the pump to the front facing pipe or get a herald pump
and leave out the spacer between pump and block if you have one.
Hope this helps.

Graham,
1967 1300 FWD
1968 2000 Saloon