Choke cable for SU conversion

To: spit <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Choke cable for SU conversion
From: Howard Allen <Howard.Allen@fairchildsemi.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 09:31:07 -0400
Hi;
Sorry for all the emails today but I really want to get the Spitfire on
the road this summer if I can.
One thing that I really need is to get a choke cable that will reach my
carbs.  My 1974 1500 had the single carb with all the smog stuff on it
and I replaced it with a set of SU carbs from a '69 Spit.  I have been
able to connect my original accelerator cable for now by making a small
adapter, but the choke cable is too short.  I thought the choke cable
from a '69 would fit, but the Roadster Factory says they are all the
same length.  Has anyone else done this?  What did you use for a cable?

Regards
Howard in Maine

///