Re: Spitfire in Austin Powers?

To: Chuck Pedretti <chuckp@magenic.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire in Austin Powers?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 02:01:51 -0400
Chuck Pedretti wrote:

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=588803002
>
> Claims that the car was used in both Austin powers movies.  Now I've seen
> both movies a fair number of times, and I don't remember a 69 spitfire?
> Wasn't the car in the first movie a Jag, and a corvette in the second?

  The first 40 seconds of movie #1 is a "groovy" dance scene
in some 60s british street. Lots of recognizable LBCs and
at least one TR4/5 drives by. Then Austin comes into the
present and has only the shaguar.

  A lot of movie #2 is in the past so there are lots of
scenes on London streets and such.

  I suspect this car "drove by" the camera once or twice,
and probably totals about one second of screen time. Or
maybe none at all, it might be all on the cutting room
floor.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca