It's still alive (sort of)

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: It's still alive (sort of)
From: BrYarboro@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 20:43:50 EDT
Well folks;
I got the Mk. 3 titled, registered and insured, put the plates on and hit the
road. The carbs are still way out of whack, power fluctuates, sometimes good
at higher Rpm's, other times no power at higher Rpm's. What's worse, there is
an ominous rumble, seems to be from the right rear, when I ease off the
throttle, goes away when I increase the throttle. I hope that it's the right
half shaft u-joint and not the diff. Opinions? Bummer, man.
On the other hand,  it was so hip to take my 13 yo son and then my 6 yo son
for short rides, top down of course, on a cloudless, azure sky. Not too
shabby.
Brian Yarborough
'67/'68 Mk. 3
'70 organ donor