Re: eBay - Headers

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: eBay - Headers
From: Terry Thompson <firespiter@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 16:16:49 -0700 (PDT)
Also, I'd like to add, not to be hurt the sales of
someone (if the seller's on the list), but I would try
to stay away from chromed headers. The chrome or
nickle turns yellow under the intense heat in a very
short period of time.

If you like that chrome look, you can get a set of
headers coated in "high luster silver" ceramic that
looks just like chrome and will never discolor (from
heat) and much less likely to chip-off or allow rust
to form. There's probably some place near by to you
that does it too. Coating headers tends to be
expensive due to all of the twists and such, but I'd
rather pay $150 for ceramic on a header and have it
last forever than $100 extra for a chromed header that
is going to discolor in a month and chip-off in 6
months.

> I wonder what it really fits!  Since the Spridget
> 1300 (1275) is not the same as a 1500, it cannot
> possibly fit both.  However, it would bit a Spit
> 1300!!!
>
> Joe
http://auctions.yahoo.com/

///