Carly in pieces

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Carly in pieces
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 06:25:56 +0100
Dear All,

As you may recall, Carly was due for some major repairs whilst I was on
holiday, and I expected to collect her on my return, complete with a new
rear spring, balanced front coils, an exhaust manifold gasket, and a new
nearside sill.   Things haven't quite turned out that way.   She does
have her new rear spring (which seems to have been a worthwhile
investment, since the old one apparently has no spring in it at all),
but my mechanic is stalled on the other mechanical work due to long lead
times on spares that we weren't expecting to have to fit (he describes
them as "butterflies" acting as special washers somewhere in the region
of the inlet/exhaust manifolds), and he has been stricken with
tendonitis, so wants to put off doing the sill until his arm stops
hurting.   I *may* get Carly back by the end of next week. :-((

ATB
Mike
--
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea,"
published by Greenhill Books on 28th March, 2001:

///