Rebuilding PDWA

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Rebuilding PDWA
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougnad@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 11:26:37 -0500
Hello,

I got a used PDWA that looks to be in good shape inside,
and I just need to replace the O-rings inside it.

Has anyone ever seen a source for them?

This particular PDWA has inside it:

The plunger rod (with two small circlips on it)
Two steel sleeves that go over the rod.
Two O-rings, which are about 3/8" OD and 3/32" thick.

It also has a cap on only one end.

BTW, this unit is a bit different than the (leaky) one currently
on my car, which has caps on both ends, no sleeves
inside it, and much smaller O-rings that fit in grooves
on the plunger.

Thanks,

Doug Braun