Transmision Woes

To: "Spitlist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Transmision Woes
From: "Mike Chambers" <mikech@sprynet.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 17:50:30 -0700
Coming home from work today in the 64 Spit, second gear suddenly started to
grind very badly.  So bad that it is impossible to get it in gear when the
car is moving. At the same time third gear started acting funny, it would go
in third with no problem but it pops out of gear when I let off the gas with
the clutch still out. Also when I tried to start out in second gear and it
also poped out of gear when I let off the gas. First and fourth still seem
to work fine. Clutch still works fine (disengaging fine). Any ideas what
would cause this? And what the fix is?  It was a bit tough to drive home in
traffic with only first and fourth gear.
MikeC