RE: Need another part... GT6/Spit

To: "'Fred Marks'" <marks_fred@yahoo.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net,
Subject: RE: Need another part... GT6/Spit
From: Chris De Wet <DeWetC1@sapo.co.za>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 14:19:26 +0200
Hi Fred .

AFAIK the shock will not move around if the hole is no longer round . The
retaining plate has a lip around it which should keep the shock and spring
in place . But I'm no expert :-)

If you have trouble in locating a decent retaining plate , let me know .
I'll go through my parts . There should be one or two Herald / early
Spitfire plates I'm not going to need and could send to you .

Kind regards .
Chris de Wet .
TSCC ( SA ) membership number : 356 .
'56 TR 3 ( TS 10795 ) + '64 Spitfire 4 Mk 1 ( FC 25680 ) .

PO Box 472 , Ifafi , 0260 , South Africa .
Telephone : 012-3398071 ( office ) or 012-2591129 ( home ) .
Cellphone : 083 9989744 .

Projects : '62 Herald 1200 Coupe , '65 Herald 12/50 ( convertible ) ,
'63 Spitfire 4 Mk 1 , '66 Spitfire 4 Mk 2 .