Follow up on Contact Request

To: Spitfires Maillist <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Follow up on Contact Request
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@home.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 17:07:40 -0500
This afternoon I got a real shock! John Nichols (The Shop, aka redqueen3 on
eBay) called me by phone. We talked for about 15 minutes (it was his nickel) and
I'll give you a rundown.

First of all he accepts all the blame for his current problems. I am not alone.
His troubles began in August when his brother died and he has been never caught
up, for various reasons. His biggest problem, apart from the volume of daily
e-mails, has been with the packing and shipping company he has been using in the
last several months. Basically, he accumulates several pieces for shipment then
which is picked up once a week by this company. He has conflicts with this
company for not shipping things on time or in the manner arranged (e.g. UPS,
ground, air, USPS) and is currently in conflict with them (outstanding bills in
dispute). His lawyer is to meet with them next week to resolve it. I got the
gist that the shipping company is holding back some goods but that is my
opinion.

Regardless, he is doing his own packaging and shipping now, like he used to do.
It is taking up more of his time and he is temporarily cutting back on the
number of items on eBay.

He is desperately trying to recover his blemished name and is working on
clearing up his problems. He vows that he will never change his identity on eBay
but will work through these problems. I commented on his feedback "Private"
status and he says it is a result of one person in dispute that posted false
information. He intends to remove the Private status when he gets around 100 new
positive feedbacks to show that his problems are behind him and he seems willing
to take his lumps until that is accomplished.

He recognizes that he is often very slow in responding and this is largely due
to the number of e-mails he gets regarding the eBay auction items. Since most of
them require some sort of action on his part, he runs out of time. He has help
and is working to better his response. That will certainly be great.

So now I feel al little better after this phone call. I still haven't got my
part but I'm sure that when it arrives, it will be exactly like it was described
(NOS). I know other people have been pleased with his goods and John knows that
he has good parts so he want to continue. I will be more patient to see this
thing through and I trust that all of us will have access to his stash of parts
without the long delivery times.

Thanks, everyone, for your feedback and comments. I hope that it all works out
for everyone in the end.

Vic Whitmore
76 Spitfire
Thornhill, Ontario