Re: maryland laws lLONG

To: Fred Thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: Re: maryland laws lLONG
From: Nolan Penney <npenney@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 20:56:30 -0500
These are the same state police that believed Roberts Oxygen had the legal right
to break into my truck and steal property that I lawfully purchased at an
abandon equipment auction.

The same state police that believed trailer fender requirements were that my
fender extend downward 90 degrees to the front, and 45 degrees to the rear.

In both cases, of course, the state police were wrong.  Instead, if you really
want to learn the facts of the law, read the law itself.  There, you will
discover that Maryland does not have a salvage title.  Regardless of what some
cop told you.

And as a PS, the maryland state police will not do vehicle inspections.

As a secondary PS, totalled is an arbetrary term, having no precise legal
definition.  The lose definition is when a vehicle is damaged to the point where
repairing it to originial condition exceeds the value of the vehicle.  This does
not mean that repairing the vehicle to operating condition will exceed the value
of the vehicle.  This does not even mean that repairing the vehicle to original
condition will exceed the value of the vehicle.  Simply that the insurance
company doesn't want to pay the money to repair it.  Nothing more.

Maryland is one of the loser states when it comes to vehicle titles.  To obtain
a new VIN for a stolen vehicle simply requires three photographs and a single
page form.  Wait about 10 minutes, and you'll have a shiny new VIN plate for you
vehicle.  It's easy to do.

But, just because I used to buy and sell salvaged vehicles in the state of
Maryland, what would I know. :-)

Oh, about CARFAX, they only list repairs done by a dealer, and only if the
dealer reports the repairs to them.  If you bring your car in to me for repairs,
CARFAX will of course have no record of it.