Re: another web site & new dash

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: another web site & new dash
From: Terry Thompson <firespiter@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 14:56:41 -0800 (PST)
Ree,
I've elected to go the route of using what I believe
the British call a lap rope (blanket). I've driven it
a few times this winter w/no heater on deceptively
sunny days but with the top up and a jacket on.

I removed the heater for two (though not definatively
good) reasons. One is that I'm trying to remove any
and all non-critical equipment from the car in attempt
to make it lighter. And more importantly, I now only
use the car in the summer months (except for days like
today where the sun decided to grace us with near 70
deg temps, though I've been incapacitated with a bout
of strep-t today).

Removing the controls and removing the mounting
bracket  ultimately made installing the gauges much
easier in a linear fashion high accross the center of
the dash, which I personally think is pretty trick.

I may even do something more retarded in the next few
weeks like weld the doors shut, so I have an excuse to
do the magnum p.i. over the door hurdle. It will also
add rigidity to the chassis and I can get rid of some
of the heavier hardware that's on the door. (Okay, now
how many of you can hum the Magnum PI theme
song?..Freaks. )

Anyone think I can get it down to around 1650 lbs? Of
course, even then It won't have much affect hauling my
210 lb. carcass around town. Anyone want to trade me
their deal-a-meal for some car parts??

-Terry (w/delerium setting in)
'76 spit 1500 (now trying to decide whether to do the
body work or start on the new engine)