Re: Where to get SU parts

To: "Chris DeStaffany" <destaff@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Where to get SU parts
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 12:06:56 -0500
Chris-
When I took my SU's apart, I found the fitting I believe you refer to, to be
simply a rubber compression ferrule, as opposed to a brass one. It was
simply the internally reinforced plastic tube passed through a nut, and a
metal washer, and into a seal placed in the bottom of the fuel well. When
you tighten the nut, it presses on the washer, and compresses the seal
which, naturally squeezes around the tube, creating the seal. I would check
out the local carb rebuild shop, and see what they have in small rubber lip
seals. Take the jet and plastic hose as well as the fuel well with you, and
size them out. Mine came from an old carb rebuild kit- I think they were
originally throttle shaft or choke shaft seals, and they work fine.

Scott