'70 Spit Mk3 found

To: Spitfire Internet Mail List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: '70 Spit Mk3 found
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 15:18:27 -0700
Hey guys and gals,

Today I took my differential down to a shop to have my Quaife carrier installed
and as I pulled into the lot, lo and behold there was a
Spit sitting there in pretty sad condition.

It is owned by the owner of the differential shop who quickly offered it to me
for 200 bucks.  I have no place to put it but someone
might be interested.  Here is a rough description.

Seems to be pretty much complete with cracked dash pad, Grant steering wheel
etc.   It wasn't running when parked but the owner said
that the guy who parked it there and gave him the signed title always was
bringing it to him to make it run again.  So it probably is
due to some problem other than major engine overhaul (but no guarantees).

Interior is there but needs all new upholstery as well as soft top.  THere is a
factory steel top with no glass or liner.

Bumpers appear to be in good shape and there is a rear bumper guard bar
installed (with some rust around one of the attaching points.

There are a few dings and dents here and there but since it is an Arizona car
appears to be sound.  (but I didn't look all that
closely)

If anyone in interested, let me know and I'll put you in touch with the owner.

Regards,
Joe Curry