Re: Interesting thought

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <herald1200@home.com>
Subject: Re: Interesting thought
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 06:59:39 -0500
That creates some interesting confusion for the Fiat Spider.  It has glass rear
side windows and is a four seater.  Albeit, the rear seat is designed for those
under 20 lbs!  Rear seat belts are standard though.  The glass side windows do
not have their own window cranks.  Instead, they go down with the top.  The
original base car, the 124, was available as a sedan and even a wagon.  Though
towards the end of production I don't know if those still were in production.
I'm not even sure the Spider was considered a 124 at the end, since it no
longer carried that number designation.  Darned confusing to a Fiat novice like
myself.

>>> "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com> 01/25 10:54 PM >>>

Terry wrote:

"P.S. The narrators at the Barrett Jackson Auto Auction
2000 answered an Email from a viewer that wanted to
know the difference between a Carbiolet and a Spyder
(I was watching it about a week ago on Speedvision).
The men narrating stated that a Spyder is a
convertible two seat in the sports car class. And that
a Carbriolet/Cabrio is a convertible sedan that will
hold at least 4 individuals including the driver. I've
read definitions that are contrary to this on the web,
including the Pebble Beach Glossary of Car Terms which
states that a Cabrio is a convertible with windows.
And  can have an indeterminate number of doors and
windows."

Does this mean my Herald 1200 Convertible is actually classable as a Herald
1200 Cabriolet? At least we don't have to worry about it being a Herald 1200
phaeton- 2 doors too few...

Scott
64 Herald 1200 Cabriolet...sounds classy