Re: Re: "Spiders" (and not arachnids :-) Or Italian "ragni"?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re: "Spiders" (and not arachnids :-) Or Italian "ragni"?
From: Terry Thompson <epharisto@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 12:21:39 -0800 (PST)
Probably because "i" in Italian is pronounced like
> the letter "e". "Y" in Italian is sort of a
> non-letter, it's name in Italian being "Ipsilon" (I
> had a surname while there that ended in "y"-So, I
> got really used to spelling it out in Italian-it had
> another non-letter "h"!) So, an Italian, upon seeing
> "spider" would pronounce it "speeder".

Oh! So, what you're saying Laura is that a Fiat Spider
is actually a "SPEEDER". Sort of like a Porsche
Speedster? I'm staring to wonder if the Italians have
ever met a Trademark that they didn't like (to
bastardize). Do they also make SONYA radios and ROFLEX
watches in Italy?

And when did this turn into the fiats@autox.team.net
mailing list? (JK!)

-Terry