Need help with PDWA

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Need help with PDWA
From: Chris DeStaffany <destaff@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 18:21:12 -0800 (PST)
So I rebuilt the master cylinder.  The PDWA had been
tripped before I bought the car and I tried a couple
of times to reset it but the bleeding and pushing one
end thing didn't work.  Today, I took the thing off
and dissambled it and refered to the VTR article on
PDWAs.  But, I got a problem.

Before I worked on it, the red light was always on and
the oil pressure light wasn't.  When I recentered it,
and rehooked up the light it did not light except
before the oil pressure came up.  This is as sit
should be.  But when I tried to push the shuttlecock
back of center to check if the warning light would
come on, it didn't.

I can't figure out how this thing is supposed to work.
 I have one for a 1975 wich is the one with a cap on
each end.  It is different from the picture on the VTR
site.  It has a small ball bering at the bottom of the
plastic switch.  It looks to me like the switch is
permantly grounded regardless of if the unit is
tripped or not.  The little  ball bering does not seem
to drop down into the cylinder where it could be in
contact by the moving shuttlecock.

Can anyone help me?
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/