rainy day spit

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: rainy day spit
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 14:53:24 -0700
Hello all,

Just wanted to say that Friday afternoon, I had the experience of sitting in my
Spitfire *with* (!) the top up(!) and listening to the rain-pitter patter
pitter patter on the top...*sigh*...lovely! Haven't had that experience really
since I got Nigel! Had it a lot with Arthur, King of...and I got poor Mr. Lucky
who wasn't in an El Nino year. But Nigel? Even though he's a daily driver, he
doesn't go out in the rain often. By the time I got home, the rain had cleared
and I stood in the soaking parking area and dried him and cleaned him so that
when he went into his carport, he was as dry and clean and shiny as when he
came out! Of course, people were looking at me as if I were mad! "Take care of
your paint and it'll take care of you, is what I always say," I said. "No hablo
englais" was the reply. And then we spent 20 minutes me trying to ask with
Italian and French the word for 'paint' in Mexican and he trying to tell me the
word for 'colour' in Mexican. But the point is...we (Nigel et moi) listened to
the rain and we (Nigel et moi) made a new friend. (Sort of.)*Sigh*

(And then they stole the antenna ball and smeared gum on his fender...)
Everything's status quo!

Laura G.

Vita brevis est: rapide agite, vigore strigate!